1. Fruit mainly consists of water. This makes it a great way to up your water intake and help you stay hydrated.
2. Fruit is 100% bad-cholesterol free. Animal products contain cholesterol so upping your fruit intake is a great way to manage your cholesterol intake.
3. Fruit stimulates the memory. Science reveals that fruit has a positive effect on our brains so go ahead, eat some and see improvements in your memory and problem solving abilities
4. Fruit is an inexpensive nutrition. Shopping at Trader Joe’s has put things into perspective for me because they charge per fruit. Apples are about 69c, coupled with a handful of almonds you have the perfect snack for less than half the price of your favorite latte.
5. Fruit has healing effects. Fruits and vegetables contain nutrients that have the amazing ability to heal a number of ailments. Whatever you are suffering from, there’s probably a fruit for that.
6. Fruit contains fiber. A diet rich in fiber helps you lose weight, reduces high blood pressure, and thereby reducing the chance of developing heart disease. In addition a diet rich in fiber helps you stay regular.
7. Fruit makes you feel better. Fruit has a positive effect on mood. This is music to any psychologist’s ears. Increase your fruit intake and see an improvement in your mood and general outlook on life.
I hope everyone will make a conscious effort to eat fruit on a daily basis. What are some of your favorite fruits?